1 jar grape leaves
3 cups of field mushrooms
1 cup of palm heart
juice of 3 lemons
fresh coriander and thyme
½ cup walnuts
Machine set up:
• First place the Living Juicer Mincing Strainer into the drum and onto the screw. Attach the drum cap onto the end of the drum by turning it counter clockwise until you feel it sits firmly. Then screw the Mincing Nozzle onto the drum cap turning it counter clockwise onto notch 1.
• Place a big bowl under the machines Pulp Discharge Outlet in order to catch the paste.
• Always be sure to start the machine before you enter anything into the Guide and keep the machine running until finished.
• let the fresh herbs run through the guide
• then cut the mushrooms into small pieces and marinate overnight in lemon juice and the mashed coriander and thyme
• when you make the filling, take the mushrooms and walnuts and let them run through the guide
• season with salt
• slice the palm heart
• take the grape leaves and fill them with the paste and the palm heart
• roll up the leaves and hold them closed with a toothpick
• decorate the plates with fresh watercress and mizuna which are fine tasting lettuce greens
Preparation time: 12 min
Yields: 2-3 serves
Marinating food is a special area and I always plan ahead. It normally takes a couple of days for the marinating to really work. So why not make it in advance and use it over the next couple of days? It will always get eaten!!!
For best results, we recommend: