The beginning of the year is the perfect time to get back on track with your healthy eating and lifestyle habits. We put together a few tips and recipes to help you on your way to a happy and healthy 2019.
1. Let's start with a healthy juice recipe you can make with our horizontal or vertical slow juicers from BioChef.
Since juice doesn’t have fibre, it doesn’t have the same digestion needs as regular food. The nutrients in a juice are more easily absorbed by your body.
The New Year Detox Juice Recipe:
• 2 lemons, peeled and halved
• 4 apples, quartered
• 2 cucumbers, halved
• 1 cup filtered water/ice cubes
Alternate soft and hard fruit and veg through your juicer and adjust pulp to taste. Add the water and stir just before serving.
To help you with your healthy eating goals, the BioChef Atlas Pro Whole Slow Juicer features a specifically designed wide feeding chute which allows you to easily juice whole fruits and vegetables with minimal preparation. Check out the Atlas Pro Whole Slow Juicer in action over on our Facebook page
2. Make your own healthy snacks with a dehydrator and vacuum seal for longer shelf life
Your food will have a much longer shelf life if you use a food dehydrator. The dehydrator will remove all the moisture from the food and, if stored properly, you can keep your food for up to one year longer than if you used an oven. Prepare your delicious home made snacks and get rid of the unwanted preservatives and nasties from store-bought snacks. Using a vacuum sealer to package your snacks can preserve them for even longer!
Home made Granny Smith Granola Recipe:
• 3 granny smith apples
• 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
• 1/2 cup slivered almonds
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Quarter, peel and core apples; coarsely grate.
2. Place in a bowl with the other ingredients and toss lightly until thoroughly mixed.
3. Place mixture on a Fruit Roll sheet and dry for 2 to 3 hours, or until crunchy.
4. For a more tender granola, add 1/4 cup vegetable oil before drying.
Start dehydrating now with one of our easy to use Arizona Sol Dehydrators
3. Did you know that with ageing, our bodies do not tolerate so much lactose anymore?
Indeed the special enzyme that allowed us as kids to go through a bottle of milk a day slowly fades and leads us to be more sensitive. Get your fibre and nutrients with a rich, creamy, low-carb coconut milk and avocado smoothie. Made with detox ingredients like ginger and turmeric, both of which are high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. Sugar free and high in good fats, it’s perfect for those on a healthy low-carb or keto diet.
Coconut Milk and Avocado Smoothie Recipe:
Servings: 2. Calories: 208 kcal
•1/2 avocado (3-4 oz)
•3/4 cup full - fat coconut milk (from a can)
•1/4 cup almond milk
•1 tsp fresh grated ginger (about 1/2 inch piece)
•1/2 tsp turmeric
•1 tsp lemon or lime juice (or more to taste)
•1 cup crushed ice (or more for a thicker smoothie)
•sugar-free sweetener to taste
1. Add the first 6 ingredients to a blender and blend on low-speed until smooth.
2. Add crushed ice and sweetener. Blend on high until smooth.
3. Taste and adjust sweetness and tartness per your taste buds. Makes 2 avocado smoothies.
Soy milk is an excellent source of high quality proteins and B-vitamins. Enjoy the goodness of homemade soymilk without all the added sugar and preservatives of shop bought varieties using our SoyLove Premier 801 - Soymilk Maker
4. Start a weekly progressive exercising plan, ASAP!
Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today. With this simple set of exercises in the comfort of your own home, you will start to feel an improvement in your well being in just a few weeks. For even faster results, experience the incredible effects of whole body vibration technology in just minutes as the VibroSlim Tone oscillates causing vibrations through the body. This activates muscles in the body to contract and relax dozens of times per second. The full body workout causes the same reaction that occurs during normal exercise, only at a much faster rate.
Take advantage of our 30 day money back guarantee and try adding a Vibroslim Vibration Machine in to your workout to feel the difference!
Have you tried any of our recipes ? Give us your feedback in the comments below and receive a discount on your next Vitality4life online purchase. We love to hear from our customers!